LinkedIn Marketing & Brand Consulting
I help individuals and businesses develop their brand on the world’s most influential professional networking site.
My Career at Ducks Unlimited
Learn more about my career in digital marketing, communications and fundraising.
“I first heard Anthony Jones deliver a presentation at a global summit of nonprofit leaders. He did such a great job that I invited him to speak to my team. I strongly recommend him to any company or group that is looking to strengthen its team’s capacity to effectively engage people and build their personal brands on LinkedIn.”
-Jeremy GreggRead more testimonials…
Arabella Advisors’ Managing Director for Texas | 3-time TEDx Speaker
Hunting & Conservation
I am a proud hunter and conservationist. Learn more about my passion for the outdoors and hunting traditions.
Videos as Seen on LinkedIn
I’ve learned that video can be a highly effective tool in developing your brand, simply because it’s the most effective way to communicate online. Here are a few examples of my LinkedIn videos.
The LinkedIn Marketing & Other Random Stuff Blog
- Change “Connect” to “Follow” on Your ProfileIf you want to expand your network, consider changing “Connect” to “Follow” on your profile.
- Big Changes Coming to Facebook AdvertisingIf you’re running Facebook ads, your world is about to change. Apple’s iOS 14.5 update is about to rock the world of digital marketers – especially those running Facebook ads. Here’s my take on the subject, along with four things you can do to prepare.
- Tips to Create Your First TikTok VideosHere’s the approach I took to get started. I hope it works for you!
- 4 Lessons I Learned After Going Viral on TikTokWhat a difference a week makes in the world of social media.Continue reading “4 Lessons I Learned After Going Viral on TikTok”
- 4 Things I Learned from Analyzing 80 LinkedIn PostsI had some time to kill this weekend, so I decided to analyze all of my LinkedIn posts from this calendar year to date (Jan 1. – Apr. 18). Here are the numbers, lessons learned and some poorly designed charts. Just go with it. 🤷♂️🎓
- Your Company’s LinkedIn Page Isn’t That ImportantThe strength of your brand on LinkedIn is not your company’s page. It’s in the voices of the employees who post content on the platform.
- TikTok Tips from Someone Who Isn’t Really Qualified to Give TipTok Tips 🙋♂️First of all, I have a TikTok account and you can follow me here: @AnthonyJones885. While I’m no expert, here are a few tips to help you start posting videos that will ultimately lead to a life of fame and fortune. *Results not guaranteed…
- How to Add Bold, Fancy Text to LinkedIn PostsIt’s super simple and a highly effective way to make your posts stand out!
- How to Add Captions to LinkedIn VideosVideo content continues to excel on LinkedIn, but people will not watch your video unless it includes captions! Here’s what I do…
- 6 Mistakes You’re Making on LinkedIn 😲Avoid these simple mistakes on LinkedIn.
- My Post Received Two Likes. Do I Suck at LinkedIn?🤔It’s easy to get disappointed when you make a post and get just a few likes/comments. Fun Fact: That’s normal!
- Snow Day in North Mississippi❄❄𝗦𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗔𝗟𝗕𝗨𝗠, 𝗬’𝗔𝗟𝗟! ❄❄ It snowed in north Mississippi today, which doesn’tContinue reading “Snow Day in North Mississippi”
- 7 Lessons I Learned After (Accidentally) Going Viral on TikTokI went viral on TikTok and learned several key lessons. Here’s what you need to know!
- 9 Keys to Building a Personal Brand on LinkedInConsistency is key to building your brand on LinkedIn.
- Right Place, Right TimeLast week, I managed to find myself in the right place atContinue reading “Right Place, Right Time”
- Parker Harvests First Whitetail DeerThere’s no better hunting experience in the world than watching the thrillContinue reading “Parker Harvests First Whitetail Deer”
- 7 Tips to Generate Content for LinkedInNot knowing what to post on LinkedIn is the biggest barrier most people face. These 7 tips will get you started.
- LinkedIn Video TipsSeven simple tips in a one-minute read.
- My Team Destroyed My Office…I walked into work this morning having NO IDEA that today markedContinue reading “My Team Destroyed My Office…”
- Imagine You Show Up for Work and Your Boss Says…Imagine you show up for work this morning and your boss says:Continue reading “Imagine You Show Up for Work and Your Boss Says…”
- How to Not Send a LinkedIn Connection RequestHere are 6 things to never do when sending a business proposal on LinkedIn.
- 14 of the Most Important LinkedIn Tips I’ve LearnedHere are 14 of the most important things you can do to improve your presence on LinkedIn. Continue Reading
- How Every Conference Call BeginsI’ve participated in hundreds, if not thousands of conference calls during my career. This is how each one starts. Every. Single. One.
- My Very First WebsiteI built my first website in 1998. It consisted of the following items. Please prepare yourself for a lot of things… Continue reading…
- Some of My Favorite AppsGiven the nonsense I typically post, I feel like I owe the LinkedIn community something of value at least once a year. So, on that note, here are a few of my favorite mobile apps…📱
- How the #LIAppropriate Hashtag was BornI was recently asked how the #LIAppropriate hashtag came to exist. Here’s the story. 📖
- COVID-19: The Hair SituationIn early February, I got a haircut. Nothing newsworthy about that. InContinue reading “COVID-19: The Hair Situation”
Hometown: Olive Branch, Mississippi
Family: Wife, Lexie & two boys, Mason (13) & Parker (8)
College: University of Mississippi
Height & Weight: Why would I list that on here? It would be weird.
Pets: One dog, Jinx